Your Child & Nursery
How to Help Your Child Settle into Nursery
- Talk to your child. Tell them about the things they will do in the Nursery.
- Have a positive attitude yourself. Do not pass on any anxieties of your own.
- Look at books about Nursery with your child.
- Teach your child to use the toilet independently (sensible clothes will help here).
- Make sure that your child is accompanied into the Nursery each day. Please see their family group leader before leaving.
- Give your child encouragement to find their own coat peg and to hang up their own coat.
- Help your child to register themselves on the appropriate board.
- Do try to collect your child on time as it can be very distressing for a child to remain when all the others have gone.
We hope that your child's year with us will provide a strong foundation for their future. Together, in partnership with you as parents, we can work towards giving them a positive start to their education enabling them to fulfil their potential.