Why Choose a Primary School?
Our Primary School has these benefits:
- only one school transfer at age eleven, so less stress for pupils;
- two complete key stages of the National Curriculum in one school, so better continuity and progression from class to class in the children’s work;
- staff, parents and pupils having the benefit of knowing each other for eight years, so strong liaison;
- a familiar atmosphere and greater convenience for parents as brothers and sisters are in the same school.
Prospective parents are always welcome to talk to the Head or to look around the school. Just telephone the school for an appointment.
Applying for a Primary School Place
- 1st November - Applications Open
- 15th January - Closing Date for Applications
- 1st February - Extended Closing Date for House Moves
- 17th April - National Offer Day
- 2nd May - Deadline for Accepting the Offer
For parents wishing to send their child into the reception classes, they must apply to their Local Education Authority. For further information see:
The closing date for applications for children who are due to start Reception in September 2024, or due to transfer from Infant to Junior, is the 15th January 2024.
Offers will be sent out on 16th April 2024 and offers should be accepted by 24th April 2024.
For children due to start Reception in September 2025, the window for applying online will open from the 1st November 2024 and remain open until mid January 2025. Offers of places then get sent out by Warwickshire County Council in the Spring.
Moving Schools within the School Year
To apply for a change of school in September 2023, you will need to submit your application from 6th June 2023 onwards. For further information see:
Applying for a Secondary School Place
- 1st September - Applications Open
- 31st October - Closing Date for Applications
- 31st December - Extended Closing Date for House Moves
- 1st March - National Offer Day
- 15th March - Deadline for Accepting the Offer
- 28th March - Deadline for Submitting Appeals
Applications to apply a place at a Secondary School can be made from 1st September. For further information see:
Induction into Reception Classes
We aim for parents being well-informed and the children happy to start school through our induction programme. Induction meetings for parents are held at school and there is the opportunity for the class teacher to meet you and your child in your own home. The children have opportunities to meet with their new class teachers during the Summer Term and there is always close liaison between nursery and reception classes.