As you are aware, all pupils are being emailed work by their class teacher. Pupils can access their emails at home via http://welearn365.com - more specific guidance is attached at the bottom of this page.
We are currently using Microsoft Teams for live lessons and strongly encourage children to attend these sessions. Teachers are sending Team invitations to their classes on a daily basis. During these sessions, children will have an opportunity to ask questions and chat with their teachers to discuss their learning.
Year 4, 5 and 6 pupils are also using Showbie to access learning resources and to submit their work online.
We are hoping that children from Year 1 upwards should be able to remember their usernames and passwords, as they log on to the computers in school regularly. However, if your child cannot remember their details, please contact their class teacher or the school office. Teachers can be contacted by emailing the class name, followed by firstname.lastname@example.org - e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Within this page you will find supportive information for yourself and your children in this time of difficulty. In the different sections you will find helpful information on overall well-being, website links for a range of learning opportunities and in the Year Groups Page we will be listing websites or activities aimed at specific year groups to help more directly with age appropriate learning.
Below are listed a number of websites which you may find beneficial to support your child’s learning. School updates on future developments in connection to the Coronavirus and when the school will reopen will come to you by ParentMail and will also be put on the front page of our school website.
Please click here to access the weekly School Newsletters.
The DfE have also put together a list of free resources. Please see Get help with Remote Education to access them.
- https://www.thenational.academy/ - a collection of high-quality lessons and online resources
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary - offers a range of daily lessons for primary age children
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ - use code UKTWINKLHELPS
- https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/ - parents will need to sign up for free.
- https://play.ttrockstars.com/login/28560 - pupils already have logins and can also access Numbots with the same login.
- https://tpet.co.uk/ - weekly home learning packs available to download
- https://mailchi.mp/headstartprimary.com/free-activity-booklets - Free activity and answer booklets for home learning.
Here is a link to an informative book to help explain to your children, who I'm sure are all wondering right now...
- What's going on?https://www.flipsnack.com/CSKidsBooks/what-s-going-on.html
- A link to another book explaining Coronavirus to children https://issuu.com/nosycrow/docs/coronavirus_ins