Wembrook Primary School is very excited to announce the launch of its very own Talent Competition.
Wembrook Primary School is very excited to announce the launch of its very own Wembrook's Got Talent (W.G.T.) Competition. Full details of how it will work are listed below, but we hope that as many children from Reception to Year Six will get involved.
Although we are running Wembrook's Got Talent as a competition, so there is an eventual winner, our focus is very much on participation. The judges might well have their buzzers for the final, but we really see the whole competition as a celebration of all the talent and skills our pupils have. We sincerely want it to be a special occasion that will be remembered for years to come.
- The act is to be prepared and practised outside of school hours
- The act should last approximately 2 to 4 minutes in length
- It can be performed as a solo, a pair or a small group (no larger than 5/6 children)
Appropriate performances might include:
- Singing 'a cappella' or along to an instrumental sound track. It will not be appropriate to sing along to a song where the original singer can be clearly heard.
- Playing an instrument
- Dance: To avoid 30 acts that are all the same, no Gangnam style performances will be accepted
- Comedy: Very difficult to do but would be popular with the audience
- Or anything else that you might see on BGT...........but no dogs!
- 4th February: Wembrook's Got Talent is launched. Children have 4 weeks to develop a routine out of school. Half term holidays will be a perfect time to practise.
- Week beginning 25th February: Children will have the chance to practise in school and receive some last minute advice from their teachers.
- Monday 4th March and Tuesday 5th March: Year Group Heats. All children who have prepared an act will perform to their year group. The top two from each class will go through to the Phase Heats, plus there will be several acts that go through on a wild card.
- Thursday 7th March and Friday 8th March: Phase Heats. The top three acts will go through to the grand final, plus wild card acts.
- Tuesday 12th March: Grand Final
All children will have a vote at each stage of the competition.
Thursday 14th March: Wembrook's Got Talent Showcase
Due to the size of the hall, unfortunately parents will not be able to be part of the audience during the competition. However on Thursday 14th March at 2:30 pm, a number of acts, including the winners, will perform to parents.